Here is what we will cover today:
- The importance of goals
- Review 4 well known steps to achieve goals
- And finally we will cover some cool and unique ideas that will help you succeed (and I bet you have not heard of them.)
If you are reading this then chances are you came to Dollabuzz to learn how to Get.Your.Money. Right. We thank you for stopping by and we can help you succeed.
The beginning of a new year is a time…
for people to set goals like getting out of debt, saving for retirement, and yada, yada, yada.
But we all know what happens….
we are good for a few weeks then the old habits come back from the dead. We find ourselves back to our old ways that do not work and have not made any lasting improvements. But….
This year is different because you want to keep your new year’s resolution this time, right?
So how can we make these new year’s resolutions stick?
- Write them down
- Make them timely
- Have a plan and
- Share them with someone you trust.
Its that simple. Do these four amazingly simple things and your chances of success increase dramatically!
Goals are important because….
they are key to our success and possibly even our happiness. However, what is just as important is having a plan to reach your goals because like the great Yogi Berra said “You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going, because you might not get there.”
The best way to get there is to have a plan. In fact, that is the only way to get there.
So how do we go about setting goals and more importantly achieving these goals? Lets find out…Yay Yay!
1. Write Down Your Goals:
This is the most important part of achieving your goals. They need to be written down. Goals that are not written are simply a wish and a dream. We wish for ponies, for the over to come in and dream about being rich.
Writing down goals is effective because writing down your goals makes the them come to life. You can visualize them and they become real. You took time to write them down and they are now officially goals.
2. Goals Need To Be Timely
After putting your goals in paper you need to set a timeline to complete your goals. This is important because if you don’t have a set time to complete your goals then you will not be as likely to complete them or they will take forever to accomplish and Aint nobody got time for that!
Most things we do in life have some sort of time deadline involved and setting a time or date to achieve our goals should be no different.
3. You Need a Plan
After establishing your goals and writing them down you need a plan and that plan is simply smaller goals that when accomplished we achieve our ultimate goal.
4. Share Goals With Your Significant Other
Its really helpful to share your goals with your significant other. They can hold you accountable and encourage you when things are not going as planned.
Unique goal setting tips (and I bet you have not heard of them.)
These ideas come from a great podcast I listen to called Science of Success. Do yourself a solid and check put this podcast. I love this podcast and you will too!
- Setting goals is generally a good thing. (Ya, we know Mr. Dollabzz.) But it is important to step out of your comfort zone when possible and set goals that are really challenging that will require some effort.
- When we step out of our comfort zone and accomplish things we never thought possible is when we truly succeed. Plus it feels great!
- Prepare a to do list (mini goals) and each day go over it
- Follow the 10 minute rule: break goals down into 10 minute chunks and if after 10 minutes you have not made progress try something different
- You dont have to take the same path everyone else does. Think OUTSIDE THE BOX and look for CREATIVE SOLUTIONS to reach your goals
- Charles explains his take on mental models and how you can use them to enhance your focus on the right things (your goals).
- By taking the time to plan out your days and what you expect to see, do, and have happen, you can choose what you are going to focus on and what’s most important that day.
- Break bad habits. Find out the reward for your bad habits. Once you know why you do something (the reward), you can break that habit.
- Build good habits like setting goals and planning. These habits will become part of your routine and become easy for you to do because well, they are habits.
So How Are You Going to Reach Your Goooooaaals?
With the new year here there is a lot of talk about setting goals which is great but goal setting can be something you do all year.
Here is a quick recap on how to reach your goals:
- Determine your goals
- Write them down
- Make them timely
- Step out of your comfort zone when determing your goals
- Think out side the box when planning to achieve your goals
- Break bad habits that prevent you from achieving your goals